adverts area

adamnp

Just a thought --

I've obviously been here for awhile, and am fully aware of why the advertising section is restricted.

I am here to ask that a few 'moderators' be added, and the area reopened to public posts.

The interaction, the ability to ask questions, and request more info is big -- PM's and such turn out to be a pain in the ass and you wind up answering the same question over and over.

We have some very mature long time members that I'm sure wouldn't mind moderating the 'advertising' section a bit (per the request of the Original Poster)

I for one would volunteer.

Basically, nothing gets changed unless the original Poster asks for something to be moderated. Simple, and allows interaction.

Check out the views of the threads in the adverts now compared to when there was interaction, and you'll understand my point -- not even a single post with over a 100 views.....

Just playing devils advocate -- anyone with me?

I do believe this would be a great idea. In a nutshell I'm gathering that you want the Advertisements area to be moderated, so people can respond to threads, but the responses need to be approved by this select Moderation team?

Pretty much.

The adverts area here used to be a great source for a point of sale, and for comparing and discussing products. You could also gather a bit of a handle on some of your competitions ethics, selling ploys, and potential clients, hot sellers, etc...

Since a bunch of the kids had there little turf wars within those boards, the adverts area was restricted.

The reason for bringing it up wasn't as much intended for getting all the 'proper' information on the post (the OP can edit it anyway), but just the overall exposure is significantly less with no interaction.

I realize TCA isn't in the business of being a marketplace as well -- It was just a suggestion I had :)

I'll shut my mouth

I think the idea of opening up alot of the forum features are a great idea.

I also second the addition of moderators. We have a rather large community here and im sure you have way more valuable things you could be doing than moderating the forums.

If this were to happen I would think there would be requirements such as time in forums, knowledge of TCA, do you still own a GSP? (Could be conflict of interest)

I for one would volunteer. Sounds fun. Love being apart of this community. (And I sold my GSP company some time ago)

• 2 weeks later...

The ADS works by firing a high-powered beam of electromagnetic radiation in the form of high-frequency millimeter waves at 95 GHz (a wavelength of 3.2 mm). Similar to the same way that a microwave oven heats food, the millimeter waves excite the water and fat molecules in the body, instantly heating it and causing intense pain. (Note that while microwaves will penetrate human tissue and remove the water to "cook" the flesh, the millimeter waves used in ADS are blocked by cell density and only penetrate the top layers of skin, so it will not damage human flesh[citation needed].) Such is the nature of dielectric heating that the temperature of a target will continue to rise so long as the beam is applied, at a rate dictated by the target's material and distance, along with the beam's frequency and power level set by the operator.

Archived