steam update for orangebox items

teabag

it seems (from updating my counter strike source update) that these updates are not going into the correct folder, for counter strike source, TF2 and any other orangebox update they need to go into the orangebox folder of the server not css

With latest update everything will and is located in "css" folder, change the paths in "Service settings" and "Supported games" in order to create correct paths when creating a new server.

Furthemore you can copy/paste the addons from "orangebox" to newly downloaded "css" folder.

do it the other way around ---

This patch file includes the following:

Simply un-rar this, and paste into your 'orangebox' directory....No need to reset startup lines to 'css' folder and move everything. Appears 'css' folder was a typo, and will be restored back to 'orangebox' so utilize this patch and save yourself the effort of moving everything then moving everything back next update.

Windows Build CS:Source

- Touched files from 10/13/11 Update

- Mani Admin 1.2.26 Patch +10/14/11 Gametypes (NO CONFIGS)

- SourceMod HG3187 (NO CONFIGS)

- MetaMod Source HG777 (NO CONFIGS)

780mb

link: http://fileb.ag/l7ex60mlhjli

(register for faster download speeds :) - We support TCAdmin -- You should too! Buy a license today!)

Edited by adamnp

hang on a sec this is the linux section what u propose is for windows

It was actually posted in the TCAdmin V2 bugs area? Not sure how that is 'linux' only support --

Just providing some help -- I can provide the same for *ix, however no ones requested it yet. Typically the providers utilizing *ix as a OS know how to update the servers properly.

:)

CSS was the only game that 'changed' directories, and from what I understand and was told it was an accident, and that it will revert back to the orangebox directory.

Hi Adam,

Did someone form Valve say it was an accident? And that they will be reverting back to the orangebox directory?

Regards,

Suhail.

it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a build for both folders until the next update, get ahead of the curve if they revert back to orangebox. If they don't revert on next update, which is next week from my view, then we can count on it staying in the css folder.

Hi Adam,

Did someone form Valve say it was an accident? And that they will be reverting back to the orangebox directory?

Regards,

Suhail.

This was a reponse from a moderator of the mailing list.... I submitted a thread to the mailing list - and for some reason it went to a moderator first, they never responded - so I wrote back asking why it wasn't posted in the list -- they then just responded with the answer to my question and didn't post my post.

My question:

"Is it just me? When running the update for the newest stuff, the first time I ran it it just closed, the second time it appeared to update some files but not all...Now upon third attempt to update servers, they are all now generating a new directory 'css' and attemping basically a fresh install?

What gives? Anyone else experiencing this?

Kind of annoying....lol Never had this issue before"

The response: 'It was an accident, we will fix this on the next open release"

I'm not stating this guy was correct -- Just this is what he told me.......All we can do is wait and see :} I see others on the mailing list stating that it was created purposely but I fail to be able to find that printed anywhere.

Edited by adamnp

Well it's still updating to separate /css folder:

Checking/Installing 'Counter-Strike Source Linux Dedicated Server' version 3

3757.56%        downloading ./css/srcds_run

Same here.....Guess we got our answer lol!

Makes you appreciate developers who talk to their audience that much better.....tnx Kevin/Luis :)

What a waste of time this "decision" could/is/will be for some.

They going to move it to /orangebox/css/ next year?

This brings up a question I haven't checked into yet -- will TCA2 linux start games properly utilizing a symlink?