how do I install mods?

khjb007

let's say I want to install two different version of mani mods. how will the folder structure be in TCA.Mods folder? I don't thik there is a manual that explains how to install multiple mods with different settings for one game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

this pdf file didn't answer my question. I already know how to create a game installation folders. I need to know how to setup mod or patch folders that will install third party mods such as mani mod and source mod. there's only one folder that has to do with mods and I'm wondering what folder structure I need to have inside of this mod folder if I want to install multiple mods.

The mod system works with compressed files. .zip or .rar.

Those compressed files should contain the directory structure of the game install, so when the fileis uncompressed it will write to the correct folder.

Drop the compressed files in TCA.Mods, then publish a mod for the game.

ok then I have a questiona about the sturcture of the compressed mod folder. I'll use mani mod as an example. all the mani mod files to inside of cstrike folder. so do I need to make the folder cstrike and put everything inside or is that unnecessary? like addon folder. do I need to make cstrike/addon or just addon?

yes so does that means I need to create bin, cstrike, platform, etc...? or just the contents that will go inside of cstrike? some mods add dll files to bin folder outside of cstrike folder so I guess I would have to create all the core file structures like bin, cstrike, platform, hl2.

'Those compressed files should contain the directory structure of the game install'

Explains it all.

Mani.zip

-/cstrike

---/addons

------/mani_admin_plugin

------Files

------Files

------Files

---------/bin

---/cfg

---Files

---Files

---Files

---/materials

---Files

---Files

---Files

---/sound

---Files

---Files

---Files

---Files

---Files

---Files

thank you kalyse for the explanation. I don't do things in a "trial and error" manner so I ask before I do something.

Reliance is a bad characteristic.

If you can solve a problem yourself by trial and error just do it, it really wouldnt cause much of an inconvinience and means when you are actually stuck on a meaningful issue people are willing to lend a hand.

I just think that the answer to your problem was answered in the 4th post.

Archived