FTP Virtual Directories -- Not working?

jchamb2010

Hello,

I'm new to TCAdmin 2.0 and I'm trying to setup the integrated FTP server to replace our current FTP server so that I can put it on port 21 without losing access to things that I need access to.

Here's what I did:

1. Clicked: My Profile
  2. Clicked: FTP Settings (at the bottom)
  3. Clicked: New Virtual Directory
  4. Selected: "Master" for server
  5. Named the directory "Website"
  6. Set the Physical Path to : /home/website/public_html
  7. Checked off the 3 boxes below "Read" "Write" & "Delete"

After doing this I clicked "Save" then left the page and came back to ensure the settings were saved.

When I log into ftp using my credentials the virtual directory "Website" does not appear.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Maybe this isn't even implemented yet?

Thanks,

John

Never mind -- I figured it out -- You need to log out of your account after changing these settings in order to make them take effect.

Maybe it's on a timer? Because it does appear after time but it's not instant, and it's not on logout (if i log out instantly anyway :p )

-John

Edited by jchamb2010

When you log in to the ftp server it gets a list of the virtual folders and permissions. This list does not get updated. You need to log out and log back in. If your connection times out you get the same effect since it has to log in again.