FTP bug

Felipe T

Hello guys,

Since I have updated my TCAdmin I'm having some problems with the FTP.. Sometimes it stops working.

I connect without problems, but when FileZilla is trying to list the directories, it fails.

Command: PWD

Response: 257 "/" is current directory.

Command: TYPE I

Response: 200 Type I ok.

Command: PASV

Response: 451 Requested action aborted:It is usually allowed only one usage of each socket address (protocol / network address / port)

Command: PORT 192,168,0,103,6,9

Response: 200 PORT command successful.

Command: LIST

Error: Connection timed out

Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I have already tried to restart TCAdmin, but it's not solving the problem...

When I restart the machine, the bug gets fixed

Edited by Felipe T

Hello guys,

Since I have updated my TCAdmin I'm having some problems with the FTP.. Sometimes it stops working.

I connect without problems, but when FileZilla try to list the directories, it fail.

I have already tried to restart TCAdmin, but it's not solving the problem...

When I restart the machine, the bug gets fixed

we had the same issues, luis gave me this to enter.

Execute this command on your database:

UPDATE tc_module_server_components SET component_class='TCAdmin.FtpServer.ServiceV1,TCAdmin.FtpServer' WHERE module_id='f43151f2-0303-4a88-96f3-1381b79700f8' and component_id=1;

or execute this on the master console:

sql UPDATE tc_module_server_components SET component_class='TCAdmin.FtpServer.ServiceV1,TCAdmin.FtpServer' WHERE module_id='f43151f2-0303-4a88-96f3-1381b79700f8' and component_id=1;

It will replace the current ftp server with the v1 ftp server. Some clients have been using it since 2.0.30 and it does not have this bug

Edited by CloudCUBE

• 2 weeks later...

I have ran this command, and now the FTP Service doesn't even starts...

sql UPDATE tc_module_server_components SET component_class='TCAdmin.FtpServer.ServiceV1,TCAdm in.FtpServer' WHERE module_id='f43151f2-0303-4a88-96f3-1381b79700f8' and component_id=1;

I received this messagem: System.Exception:

Could not create type TCAdmin.FtpServer.ServiceV1,TCAdm in Ftp.Server

in TCAdmin.SDK.Proxies.MonitorServiceProxy.Initialize(Object[] args)

in TCAdmin.SDK.Proxies.MonitorServiceProxy.Initialize(Object[] args)

in TCAdmin.SDK.Proxies.MonitorServiceProxy.ServerEnabledComponent.?()

in Admin.SDK.Proxies.MonitorServiceProxy.ServerEnabledComponent.Start()

e2a9de5c5a.jpg

Edited by Felipe T

Yes, I'm doing it:

Monitor Version: 2.0.33.0

Web Version: 2.0.33.0

Last Updated: On 11/15/2011 9:43:53 PM by Admin

However, I usually update the TCAdmin by the commandline "C:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor\TCAdminUpdateTool.exe", since by web it never stops running... And when I select "Check for update" feature, there's always the latest version avaible to be downloaded. Is it really suposed to be like this?

c1753f1d25.jpg

Edited by Felipe T

Is it possible at least to restore the old configurations before I've used this command?

sql UPDATE tc_module_server_components SET component_class='TCAdmin.FtpServer.ServiceV1,TCAdm in.FtpServer' WHERE module_id='f43151f2-0303-4a88-96f3-1381b79700f8' and component_id=1;"

The FTP wasn't 100% good, but at least it was initializing the service... Now it always gets "StartError" when I use the command "service ftp" on the console.

Whenever you manually update, have you gone back and run the web update afterwards? This is needed in order to update the DB.

I also have had to use the manual update on almost every update, running the web update works after a manual system update as expected, only takes about a minute.

Since you've run the DB command not sure what result you may get but I'd suggest running the web update and see what you get, backing up the DB prior of course.