whmcs + tcadmin2 master+slave

wizard580

Hi all.

I'm new to all of this.

All done on debian.

I have configured whmcs and tcadmin2 (one master server). all works good.

now I have to add slave tcadmin2 server.

I installed it on server hardware, clicked "new server" in tcadmin2 servers list, and after all I have a second item which version I can see in the list. So I think it was installed fine.

But after I finished configuration of slave, I lost connection to 8880 port of it. netstat shows no listening on this port, but "mono" listen on 8890, 8891, 8821 ports. Is it normal? On master server 8880 port opened.

How I can add this slave to WHMCS? Is there any way to let user to choose on which server (master or one of slaves) it will host game?

Not a linux expert in any way but I think I understand the crux of what your trying to accomplish here.

You don't need to add slaves in whmcs, just make sure they are configured in tca.

As a general rule you don't want to install game servers on the master, not that you can't, just not advised.

If you want to separate the two servers so that you can differenciate between them and install games to both of them, make a new datacenter in TCA and assign the master to 1 and the slave to 2 or whatever numbers you have.

Then set the custom field 'Location' in each of your products on WHMCS using the |(pipe) symbol to send the ID to TCA and a 'friendly' name to the user.

http://help.tcadmin.com/TCAdmin2_advanced_module_for_WHMCS#Example

Ok, thanks. I'll try this way :)

What do you think about "But after I finished configuration of slave, I lost connection to 8880 port of it. netstat shows no listening on this port, but "mono" listen on 8890, 8891, 8821 ports. Is it normal? On master server 8880 port opened."

make sure the ports arent in use

WHMCS does not require slaves to be added with tcadmin2_advanced, or any other tcadmin module.

when configuring the package you want in whmcs make sure the location id is set to the datacentre of the server you want your gameserver assigned to

When you configure the server as a remote it will not load the website anymore since it is not needed. You just use the master's control panel to manage the remote.

You don't need to add remotes to WHMCS. Only add the master. TCAdmin decides where to create the service depending on your api configuration and the datacenter id that you send.

Archived