Is TCAdmin 2.0 stable?

cyberonfire

We swapped from another game control panel to tcadmin and started it with beta, never looked back its nice and stable bar a few minor bugs that pop up but most are fixed within a few days with a patch.

If you have a large customer base you would be best running a trial with it for a few days / weeks before upgrading just to make sure its working as you intend.

Well !!

As a new user who has never set up TCADMIN before I would agree its pretty stable, however questions about why games wont run are a mystery ?? I have asked for a few days now if a game comes up "starterror" then how do you find out whats wrong ?? not much to ask you think ?? I understand that TCADMIN is running but where is the log file to answer why a certain gameserver will not run when everything is setup ? also if you change the config of a game (Like MW3) do you need to restart the whole server for it to run again ?? as if you dont restart the whole server then you get a "starterror on that ?"

Guys, sometimes people dont know where to look to get answers, and that is what the forums are for, but if no one helps then I would have to say that TCADMIN V2 is BETA, and I will have to revert back to V1. RO2 HOS will just not run from a fresh install and have checked configs, command lines, restarted server, restarted monitor and blew a whistle at the referee !! but no go ?? log lines on why it wont start would be fantastic ??

Gary

Edited by garycpos

Well !!

As a new user who has never set up TCADMIN before I would agree its pretty stable, however questions about why games wont run are a mystery ?? I have asked for a few days now if a game comes up "starterror" then how do you find out whats wrong ?? not much to ask you think ?? I understand that TCADMIN is running but where is the log file to answer why a certain gameserver will not run when everything is setup ? also if you change the config of a game (Like MW3) do you need to restart the whole server for it to run again ?? as if you dont restart the whole server then you get a "starterror on that ?"

Guys, sometimes people dont know where to look to get answers, and that is what the forums are for, but if no one helps then I would have to say that TCADMIN V2 is BETA, and I will have to revert back to V1. RO2 HOS will just not run from a fresh install and have checked configs, command lines, restarted server, restarted monitor and blew a whistle at the referee !! but no go ?? log lines on why it wont start would be fantastic ??

Gary

Ill try answer what i can from my experience.

MW3 if it does not start the first time it will be because its got an error on its console, rebooting the game instance works for most.

Problem with mw3 is that its new and they didnt give really too much info on dedicated servers from relase, if you read the MW3 threads you will see both v1 and v2 had long discussions over getting it working on tcadmin, it took almost a week to sort out most of the bugs.

Further more for debugging i setup a new box for just mw3 so i could watch the console, if you have access to your machine go in and watch the startup to see where it is breaking.

RO2, if you are having issues with the startup on ro2 for a fresh game then you must have some settings wrong, i have never had an issue with RO2 and Tcadmin, its very simple to setup.

Ive attached my RO2 config for you gary let me know if that helps you out.

TCadmin2 is still in beta otherwise LCA and ECF would say otherwise, remember all beta's have bugs.

Red Orchestra 2 - Windows.xml

Thanks Molten,

Your reply is worth its weight in Gold and gives me something to work with, I will download your config and retry, plus log into box and try and run it manually and see what it gives as per Luis suggestion.

Obviously we are a Clan, and not a Host, so the learning curve is a bit steeper for us than guys like yourself who do this every day, and I really appreciate the time you have taken to reply.

I dont understand the phrase "rebooting the game instance" what does this mean or simply what is it ? as I only know clicking on start... (Sorry to sound a noob !! but the phrase is not in the help manual)

Thanks Guys

Gary

Hi Molten,

I have re-installed the game from your template, but after creation it comes up starterror ? I have then taken your command line and pathed via Remote Desktop and it says "It cannot run as program configuration is incorrect" is there anything I need to alter from your template as I just want to get a basic system running before alteration of any file ..

Thanks

Gary

Thanks to Nick@Molten for the great help, we found out it was the ure3dist.exe not being run that was causing the problem. However it does not say anywhere that you have to !! so Top Marks to Nick :) Our RO2 Server is now running.

No worries, Just so you know its well documented on tripwire forums.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=57435

I just had not thought of that first when i looked, its something that you only need to run once to get the server running.

Glad i could help out with your issues gary.