New server with an already used port

Felipe T

Hello guys,

I got some problems with TCAdmin2. I had a Team Fortress 2 Server on the 27020 port sometime ago. The service was canceled, and the files deleted.

Yesterday, a new Counter Strike Source Server was created on this port, but when I open the steam favorite servers, HLSW, etc, it shows a TF2 Server with 50 slots!!!

The server is stopped because of the over slot detection.

What should be done?

Edited by Felipe T

Do you have a client with a 50 slots TD2 server? This usually happens with source servers and hltv. If you allow clients to enable hltv you need to make sure the port is specified in the command line as one of the custom ports.

If you don't specify the hltv port in the commandline the game server will use a random port. If the port belongs to another server the other server will detect the port is not available and use the next available port. This causes a domino effect on all source services.

For example you can set the value of custom port 1 to 27020 and add this to your commandlines:

+tv_enable 1 +tv_port $[service.CustomPort1]

On existing services you will need to set the value of custom port 1 manually.

I never had a 50 slots TF2 server, it was just 16, with HLTV enabled.

How can I fix this to the new CSS server? I think I have to kill the HLTV server used, but the TF2 files are already deleted.... Look what's shown on the console when I start the CSS server: "WARNING: Port 27020 was unavailable - bound to port 27023 instead"

Edited by Felipe T