Steam Updates for CSS

dubztwit

I probably missed something somewhere but here's the issue:

When I run steam updates on the css servers installed under TCAdmin it is updating to the wrong directory.

Running under the latest debian with mono working. Everything else is working amazingly. I am VERY happy that the linux version is now available. I used TCAdmin when I was on windows hosting and loved the system but hated the unreliability of windows.(or at least in my experience) When I switch over to linux the options for a control panel interface were VERY limited and we went with out a solution for years. We have just updated our community to the linux release of TCAdmin and we couldn't be more pleased with the decision.

I have a feeling that my error is in the Files and Directory's settings in the admin panel for CSS linux installs.

Relative Executable: css/srcds_run

Relative Working Dir: (I currently have blank but have tried with css/ with no success)

Files Folder Name:css-linux (which of course is where the install files are located.Which works 100%)

I have played around with these settings a bit to see if I can get it to update in the correct directory but am still coming up short. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your time and support! I have recommended your products to my fellow gaming community contacts. Had thoughts of looking into reselling when I get more time. :)

Thanks again!

Edited by dubztwit

Which folder is it updating? It should be updating the /css folder. All you need to do is go to the game server's service settings and make sure the root directory is set correctly to the folder that contains css and hl2 subfolders.

I am glad you are happy with v2 ;)

Yep,

Issue was that when I made the edit in the actual game server settings,

I either A didnt click "save" before Update Existing Services.

Or B. who the hell knows.....

Either way I added css/ to Working Directory:

clicked save,

Then Update Existing Services.

I noticed that it didnt add the ending "/" when I checked the individual "Service Settings". So I just clicked "save" once on each css server in the service settings it added the / then I ran steam update and

VOILA

issue fixed.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the assistance and cant thank you enough for giving us linux folk a solution thats not a pile! :)