Manually Migration, how-to, and several questions

ju_an

Hello,

I?m testing the new V2 to try to find a way to manually move. Looking in the forum can not find answer to my questions, so I ask in thisn post.

1) License.

If you upgrade and still need to run v1, the old license can remain active until we are out of beta. If you need more time we can make an exception.

What this mean?, ... Now I have my master/remote license V1. Then I buy V2 master/remote license. But because of any thing of the betaV2, if I need to run my master/remote V1 I can do it. Yes, I understand this, but my question is: Can I have my master/remote V1 active, and also master/remote V2 active at the same time? I understand this too ... And it will be a great idea, because of 2 things:

a) Can have old clientes in V1, and new clientes in V2. But perhaps this will be not fine with the future migration tool ... or this migration tool will think about this?

b) Can have old and new clients in V1, and V2 master for testing purposes. That will be fine ....

2) Windows Remote monitor

Talking about windows remote monitor ... Can V1 and V2 be installed at the same time in the same box? Im afraid to install V2 and test in my production V1 box without answer to this question. If they can be running together, then my question 1.b) have more significance: we can have V1 license in production, and V2 for testing purposes.

3) Manually migration

Im trying to find in V2 something like V1:|Gaming Services > New Service >

This option is used to import existing game servers into TCAdmin. This option will not create the game server or copy the game files to the specified directory.

But I can not find it. To manually migrate a lot of games in the same box, we need to install them again. I think it will be easy making copy/paste, and make new service like V1 option.

The admins who wave migrated, How do you do it?

Also, to have same IP:Port in the game server, have you got any problem making new installation?

4) Subusers

For me this is an important feature. I can not migrate 50% clients without this.

5) Databases of master server: windows<->linux

I have this question. If I install mysql on linux master, and tomorrow want to move master to windows master server, Will it be possible? I think this point its important. Perhaps no migration tool needed, perhaps you?re going to make it in a future.

Well ... these are my firsts questions about manual migration. Sure other people have other questions, and also I will have new ones while Im testing V2.

Thanks,

;)

1) I had master and remotes running v1 and v2 in the same time for over 2 months.

2) Yes, just ensure to use different ports for the panel and also for games which bind to all IPs.

3) Personally i've migrated hundreds of game and voice servers manually. It's a bit insane but if you take your time (weeks) it's fine. Don't pretend to migrate everything in 1 day or something like that. About IP/Port, as i said in 2, you can save a lot of time just recreating new game servers on new IP but you have to pay attention to games with bind IP problem (for example SA-MP, Swat4, TSS etc.)

4) No subusers atm on v2

5) I did something similar few days ago. I moved my master on a new server but i was not able to complete the operation because you have to manually edit database. I fixed this with a ticket.