limited number of services?

Stealth

this is probably more of a windopws problem than tcadmin

we have quite a few services installed on one xp machine (thanks ventrilo) but when we try to create more tcadmin adds the details to the database, unpacks the rar etc but the service doesnt get installed into windows ... if i remove a few services and try adding others again it will add the services without a problem until suddenly it wont work

does xp have some sort of limit on the number of services you can configure?

i agree with you there guys i have xp pro on one machine and it runs like a tank i suggest get a copy of 2k3 definatly its not worth the hassle with a pile of doggy like pro for running game servers or anything else part from home use

How many services do you have on that box total? Like go into Services MMC and count them. It could be that they used a single byte integer to store the ID's which means you have 128 (if signed) or 256 (if unsigned) available, or it could be more... I am just trying to see if there is something that looks like that, or if it just stops at like 300 services for no "technical" reason.

Archived