ironPython

steam.roy

I am testing with CSS atm. The running location for a IronPython script is inside of the TCAdmin2 and not the server running location like with a batch file. Ie. C:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor (ironPython) C:\TCAFiles\Users\Admin\1\css (batch). What is the reason for this?

Just to confirm, does the script run on the same server as the game server? Ie. if the game server was on a slave server, the script would run on the same server.

Also for some reason I have to recreate the server for it to pick up new or exit custom scripts. Ie if I update a custom script and have it on event before start. Then reboot a server that exist already it will still run the old version of the script. If I create a new server and start or reboot it will run the new version of the script. Why is this and can it be changed?

What is the correct way of getting variables and objects from tcadmin in ironPython? I am failing to get Service Manager Scripting Variables. ( I know it must be something basic I am missing).

If anyone would like to share tcadmin ironPython scripts that they have done, I would love to see them.

Regards,

Roy

Edited by steam.roy

The script runs on the same server where the game server is being created.

If you add/modify scripts for the before start/after stopped event you need to click on Update Existing Services in the game's service settings. The reason for this is that the service manager executes these scripts. The service manager does not use a database so services can still startup even if the monitor or database is not working.

The service manager scripting variables should be declared automatically. Just access them using their name:

http://help.tcadmin.com/Service_Manager_Scripting_Variables

You can view examples in the scripts for Mumble. Also look at the windows enemy territory "Post Download Script" in the files and directories tab. if you don't have this you can update your config with the one in the official configs post.