Run as ... an administrator

ju_an

Hello,

Looking to the "run as" inside tcadmin control panel, can not make a gameserver to run as an administrator. Also, if this administrator user is a regular user can not run as this user.

Have a few old applications that need to be run as administrator, not system account. In TCA-V1 was very easy, through the windows 2008 services console make the game services to start as an administrator. But now in TCA-V2 there is no gaming service in the windows services console. So need to be done through the "run as" inside control panel.

But can no do it. The administrator account is created, also can log into the server through remote desktop. But tcadmin dont run this service as this admin, always as "system".

If I change the log on of tcadmin service manager and monitor to "Admin", then all the services run as "Admin". Nice for this old services I need to run, but I think this is not the way ...

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Try this:

- Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy

- Go to Local Policies > User Rights Assignment

- Double click on "Log on as batch job".

- Add "Administrators"

After this you should be able to configure the game server to run as administrator.

I have administrators group in User Rights Assignment policy. Also tried to add there the administrator name created to run gameservers. But still can not run as this admin.

Having the tcadmin 2.0 service manager running with the Administrator account, all the gameservers run as Administrator account. This will be my final solution because all the games in this box are the same and they need to run with admin rights, not system.

Thanks,

Edited by ju_an