Ability for Resellers

tjmartin

The ability to have re-sellers is a good idea however Tcadmin should add a few things to the re-seller section. The ability to add their own host banner, host button, host message, etc.. If I am hosting Teamspeak 3 for my company I would want all these features available to use, but adding a re-seller creates my default information on his servers. As of right now, the only way I see the ability to make re-sellers is to add a separate server with no info by default and in turn would cost us more money in remote license fees. From my understanding, to be able to resell Teamspeak under your license, it must be 100% white label and in this case it isn't unless I missed something somewhere.

Isn't this already done?

When you create a reseller account, the user account is then made a reseller account. The reseller has their own template/theme (I have one as a default that is white labeled) then they merely need to go in and set up their mail server settings etc.

I haven't messed with the host names on the reseller side lately but that was on the list to be added a while ago..... Do you know if thats been done Luis?

Forgive me if I am wrong but most hosters would use the default.sql file with their information in it correct? That would usually be the hostbanner, host button, etc... These are things to my knowledge that isnt available to the reseller and when they set up a server it would default to our server banner, host button, etc.. You should either have the ability to set these in tcadmin per account, or have the ability for the resellers to add their information to over ride the default, kinda like the default.php used in the whmcs setup. understand what I mean?

I get what your talking about now.... your talking about in the actual TS3 server and that servers settings.

I have been actively selling to clients and setting up resellers with TS2, 3 and Mumble for quite some time now successfully. With regards to the banner, I just haven't set that up to advertise my company automatically. I haven't found its much of a hindrance for the resellers nor my clients.

I don't think that you can have V2 auto setup a banner that the reseller inputs into the ts3 database. Unless v2 can inject into MySql which is what I personally use. sqlite is good as well but I prefer MySql for db management.

• 1 month later...

Currently resellers cannot edit this option as you said but I think I read somewhere that it is in the works or at least more features for resellers are. I have all of our Teamspeak servers setup with this Host Banner and giving our clients the option to change it. I know that Teamspeak 3 setup features are hard coded into Tcadmin v2 and can over ride any default sql features at anytime such as upload / download quota's. You said you use mysql for your teamspeak? I am curious about this as far as the benefits to sqlite. I also prefer mysql but have never tried to implement it for Teamspeak

I like using MySQL mainly because of the ease of editing the databases. Its a bit tricky to setup using centos 6. However on 5 it works great and is easily setup. It also makes for searching for items and setups easily.

Archived