Config Editor

Hogie

Does the config editor read in config files, or does it just remember what you fill in the first time you open it?

An example of the problem I am seeing (and I dont know if it is suppose to be this way or not) is on our Ventrilo servers. When setup, I use the "rcon" password field to be the admin password. But when I go into config editor, it isn't there after I setup the server.

You can simply add it if you want. The variables are seperate from the initial config file as the config editor overwrites the file you point it to.

So you add or remove variables in the config editor that you want to allow or disallow user access to.

But does it read in the values from the Initial config file when you use the config editor, or is that read from somewhere else?

Like I have the rconpassword variable as AdminPassword= in the ventrilo ini file... So when I setup the server, it sets the admin password to whatever I put in rcon... But if I goto config editor, that field is blank, until I set it and save it, then it will always remember it...

Archived