Wiping Dedicated Server, Backing up TCADMIN2

Xelatyper

I am thinking about reinstalling windows on my dedicated server as my hard drive performance has dropped to 2MB a sec when transferring files. I feel the only way I can fix this is starting fresh. I have tried a defrag and updates with no luck. What is the best way to back up TCAdmin2 and reinstall it with the least problems as I have various customers files on there and dont want to have to re add customers manually.

Thanks for any help.

Backup the tcadmin installation folder and C:\TCAFiles. After reloading windows place the folders in the same location. Run TCAdmin2\Monitor\InstallServices.bat and start the services.

If you have a mysql database create a database backup with mysqldump and restore it after the OS reload.

If you haven't done this yet you might hold off. I just did this and all my MC servers are broken. They run manually but will not start in TCA. If I hunt down the problem I'll let you know.

I use Mutlicraft for my Minecraft servers xD I havent got round to moving TCAdmin yet only just managed Multicraft. I do find it strange that your having problems with your minecraft servers.

Ya I might have the almighty Luis take a look just in case. Wondering if I was to actually reinstall TCA and then overwrite the DB and theme if that might fix things. Like I said I can get them up using the .bat manually. It seems as though TCA is not passing the symbols in script or, I could be completely off base. Sleep deprived and will have another look after some rest.

Ya I might have the almighty Luis take a look just in case. Wondering if I was to actually reinstall TCA and then overwrite the DB and theme if that might fix things. Like I said I can get them up using the .bat manually. It seems as though TCA is not passing the symbols in script or, I could be completely off base. Sleep deprived and will have another look after some rest.

Are the servers not running at all?

I've migrated servers several times with TCAV2, recently moved my whole master server 60GB of space to another server with a different IP and it was fine.

Are you on the same IP?

Make sure the TCAGame user has the correct permissions over the TCAFiles/Users folder.

Are the servers not running at all?

I've migrated servers several times with TCAV2, recently moved my whole master server 60GB of space to another server with a different IP and it was fine.

Are you on the same IP?

Make sure the TCAGame user has the correct permissions over the TCAFiles/Users folder.

This was a master migration and server consolidation move.

Migrated master to new machine.

Moved all current clients on separate machine to master via TCA functionality

Everything else works except MC via TCA

To answer your questions

New IP but, server.properties shows correct new IP

TCAGame has correct permissions and is running other services fine.

MC server will run manually if I put entire command line into .bat as

"%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" %* -Xmx1530M -Xms1530M -jar craftbukkit-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui 

running by dbl click of bat.

Will not run manually if put in "run" as suggested in http://help.tcadmin.com/Troubleshooting_Game_%26_Voice_Services#Running_the_Service_Manually

Will run manually using run as above with .bat containing

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" %*

Will not run via TCA CP

Only other thing that is different is Master is 2k3 and old remote was 2k8, there isn't anything different that needs to be done with that is there?

*Edit* I should prob start another thread now that this one is completely off original topic lol

Edited by icekohl
*Edit*

To make sure it is not caused by incorrect permissions go to the game server's service settings. In the templates tab select runas custom settings. In the runas tab select local system. If it starts that way tcagame has incorrect permissions on cmd.exe, the java folder or game folder.

Open the file permissions for cmd.exe and add read and execute permissions. This is not always required but sometimes fixes errors when starting a batch.