Language and more

Hi,

We are a GSP located in Montreal. We are in business for about 2 years now. All our servers are running Linux, we are using templates and have our own panel to start/stop servers.

Your product seems very interresting for us, since we have more then 6 servers to manage and over 35 game servers. We are always growing and the administration stuff becomes a problem.

1st of all, I'm going to ask the same old question as a lot of ppl asked... Is Windows reliable to host game servers? I'm a bit afraid going on Windows! Opening WMP to be able to get tick 66 or tick 100 is weird! I just want to be sure before considering moving to Windows. So, is there ppl here who moved from Linux to Windows and got same or better performances? Basically, we are hosting CS1.6, CSS and COD2 servers...

Finally, since we are located in Montreal, we would need the panel to be in french. Is there a dictionnary with the panel? If not, is it possible to be able to choose the language? We have both english/french clients. The "admin" panel isnt an issue, it can be english... I'm mostly talking about the "user" panel.

Thanks!

Well the windows vs. linux arguement will most likely get you varying answers.

We run both, and I can say I don't see a huge difference in running either one. Windows 2003 server is a very stable platform to run games on. The cons to windows is the license cost of course, and the fact it eats a bit more RAM than linux since it loads a GUI.

Other than that I would say pick what you are most comfortable using yourself

As far as languages, we will be added additional languages at some point. However we are in the middle of a rather large project and won't be able to do it right now.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response!

So, basically, is there something to do about language in a short time frame? If you need assistance to make the french/english translation, I'm willing to do it... I just want to make sure that my clients would have access to a french panel.

Your product seems very interresting for our business, only the language stuff if a problem right now.

There is no timeframe that will be put on any feature being added. While it is on the list of things to do, we cannot give a time till completion.

So base your purchase decision on what the product contains now, not on what you would like to see added to it in the future.

Archived