What is the risk to allow .dll files?

It's like letting your client run their own exe on your server. You don't know what it does. v2 runs the game servers with guest permissions by default so risk lowered but could still use it for ddos, spam, etc.

If you allow .dll at least update the game's "run as" to user per service so they can't see each others files. Run the verify/repair tool with "Update Run As user" to update all existing services.

While it may seem time consuming setting it up properly, it's going to be way more time consuming redoing your entire system after a rm -rf.

Let alone attempting to rebuild your image.

Just my opinion....I don't ever skimp on security.

With garrysmod, modules can be made to browse folder and create files even with the servers run under guest accounts.

This was tested on v1 hopefully I'll have my friend test v2 for me.

I don't think there is a way to completely disable browsing on other folders. You can't deny access to the windows folder because the game's executable needs access to the dlls in the System32 folder. You can probably only deny access to program files. Guest users should not be able to write to the system folders with the default windows permissions.

I don't think there is a way to completely disable browsing on other folders. You can't deny access to the windows folder because the game's executable needs access to the dlls in the System32 folder. You can probably only deny access to program files. Guest users should not be able to write to the system folders with the default windows permissions.

He could read my tcadmin files and he could place a php script into the fast download directory.