SteamCMD not running with correct permissions?

Choc_Salties

Greetings!

I'm trying to get SteamCMD to function, rather than updating manually and zipping it, but whenever I run SteamCMD, it won't go through the update

I'm getting errors returned when trying to make the update saying that no files were updated, is the installation up-to-date?

I took a peek in the steamcmd folder, and tried running it directly, but it failed as well, only running if I forced admin permissions.

I noticed that the permissions on the SteamCMD tools section is set a bit odd - only TCAweb is allowed to read anything, with all the others being specifically denied - is this right?

but here's nothing there - i had to manually run the SteamCMD with admin permissions for it to even start setting itself up in the first place - I'm sorry i dont have the original error, but itwas moaning about something or other, and if i ran it manually, it would simply crash out, along with errors about not being able to write stuff into the folder where it was set up. Ran it with admin permissions and it completed its update correctly. since then, i started getting those errors.

SteamCMD already recognises the machine, as I set it up when doing updates manually prior to the support coming in, so its not that

• 9 years later...