search failed me

dexion

I tried searching for this but i guess my search terms were not

correct.

I have an issue trying to lower the server timedout restart.

I have done a few tests on a clients server. He was missing a wad

file causing a server to stop but not crash. Therefore, the server has to fail x number of queries before the gp thinks its hung and restarts it. Ive done 2 tests one was 10ish minutes before the server restarted and one was 8ish minutes.

Is there a setting for this (I.E. x number of failed queries before restarting?)

thanks

dex

System Settings>Plugin Manager>Game Server Monitor.

Look for the "When the Game Server Doesn't Respond x Times in a Row" section and you can change it there.

That is to set the stop on it. The query system itself runs randomly so as not to overload the server by querying all the games on one server at once.

I should add. In answer to your original question abotu changing the number of queries before restart, does not exist.

thats sort of where i was looking at but at the moment

its set to 0 (zero)

but the gp does restart servers that are hung as i have it set to send me an email if it does that and i get them and they are restarted.

is this still what you wanted me to change?

dex

If you are looking for a similar setting for non-responding games, it doesn't exist.

The query actually runs randomly for all game servers, so the software doesn't query all the game servers on a particular box at one time and cause lag etc...

The last time I checked with Luis the query for each game ran randomly and checked the game server 3 times for a response before rebooting it. This was to correct problems people were having with high load games that would not respond for extended periods of time while they changed maps, or were starting up.

so at this point its not adjustable, and cant be set to 2 times no response or anything like that. Its just some random time between 5 and 10 minutes it will be restarted.

I just need to explain it correctly to my clients as it used to be every 90 seconds it would query a server and then after 3 no answers restart.

Which is what i was telling them, but this particular one counts the time and wanted an explination.

dex

Archived