HL2DM server being duplicated

SuperNova

For some reason, on server start or on map change, my Half-Life 2: Deathmatch server keeps starting up a SECOND server with a different port of 27016 where the original is on port 27015. It happens randomly but is getting common.

The duplicate server is exactly the same in every way except for the port. It's really odd and annoying. It sometimes stops when I end the original server but sometimes just stays up. Or sometimes when I end the original server, it stops the duplicate server and keeps the original up. Really weird.

Have done that.

I've found the problem. Once you do the server command 'quit' or click the stop button it displays this:

L 06/26/2012 - 11:46:08: server_message: "quit"

ConVarRef mat_dxlevel doesn't point to an existing ConVar

Game.dll loaded for "Half-Life 2 Deathmatch"

When that happens, it automatically reboots back up and if I search for the process, I see it running by itself and not with a TCAdmin process that would be controlling it.

TCAdmin displays it as Stopped since its process has been cancelled. So when I click start again, it starts it up but since the port is already taken, it uses the next one up.

Any ideas?

Edited by SuperNova

Ran it manually. Quits and doesn't restart. Seems to be TCAdmin doing it then?

When I use the 'quit' command It dumps a log file, when I used quit in TCAdmin, it doesn't? Don't know if its hidden or what.

This is what it says when I manually started the server and used 'quit':

L 06/27/2012 - 02:27:07: server_message: "quit"

PreMinidumpCallback: updating dump comment

Uploading dump (in-process) [proxy '']

/tmp/dumps/crash_20120627022707_1.dmp

success = yes

response: CrashID=bp-d56dd228-ec4a-4f7a-8659-343832120626