lilwiccaseba

Using Linux servers, I can only install the following game services:

(tested on Ubuntu & Debian)

- Counter-Strike: Source

- Crafbukkit

- San Andreas Multiplayer

- Team Fortress 2

- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

But then what are all the other installed game config files for? Completely useless, just for the show? I checked the settings, and "show in create list" is enabled.

I've just purchased a Master AND a Remote license thinking this software package would work as it should, but so far I have to say I've seen things happen that shouldn't be happening. Preconfigured config files not working as advertised?

Hello,

TcAdmin comes with some config files, but you need to upload the gamefiles to create those gameservers.

I've used the Game Tool to download the games I wish to install from Stream.

Apparently, it didn't work because I was trying to install a game service on a Remote server which had a game installed while the Master server didn't have it installed. So it didn't show up in the list, even though I selected the Remote server as server to install it on.

Is this a logic mistake that was made, or do master servers always have to have the files as well? I'd think a Remote server can install whatever it wants, no matter what the Master server has (in an environment where the Master server is no more than just a controller without any additional files [mods/maps/..] to install).

It depends on your remote server's configuration. You can configure it to download files from the master or to use local files.

True, but that option actually forces the server to always download the remote files, even if a local version exists.

I used the Steam game download tool on my remote server, set the remote server to use the Master server's files (with "keep local copy" enabled), and it always uses the Masters server's files.

While this is - in a way - logic, shouldn't there be an option to only download additional files from another server, instead of redownloading all the game files every single time?

Because now, I have to use "local files" when I want to install a gameserver, but when I want to copy over mod/map pack files from my Master to my Remote server, I need to enable the "use files from server", then try to install the mod, then disable the "use files from server" again.

Or I need to manually copy the mods/map packs to my remote server, but that's just wasted time.

"Keep a local copy of downloaded files" only works if you compress the files on the master. If the date or size of the local compressed file does not match it will download the file again. This allows you to update file once on the master and other servers will download it again if needed.

"Keep a local copy of downloaded files" only works if you compress the files on the master. If the date or size of the local compressed file does not match it will download the file again. This allows you to update file once on the master and other servers will download it again if needed.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

And before I say anything stupid again - is it possible to automatically package the default files downloaded via "Steam game download"?

This way, we could use the Steam downloader to install a game on the Master, package it, then use the "download from server" option on Remote servers.

Of course, doing this manually is an option as well - but since TCAdmin is about automation & management, it would come in very handy. (If it doesn't exist already, which is why I'm asking)

In /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games there is a download and compress script for each steam game. I would not recommend running them automatically because it will create files with different dates and sizes every time. This will cause the remote to download them every time instead of using the local files. Just run the download and compress script when there is an update.