CoD command line

BigMix

I was wondering if there is a way to get cod to not create the .callofduty dir in a linux setup? right now im having issues having mutiple run because its creating one dir under /home/tcadmin which right now wont let any of my servers run because its looking in a different dir for the files it needs.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks

well usually i would run a server per user. which would be fine because it would create a hidden dir under /home/user/.callofduty for each server. Now since im using tcadmin it creates /home/tcadmin/.callofduty and all my servers use that and i think its messing up. Because right now i cant even start the servers anymore and all it gives me is unknown error

Double check that you created a userfiles folder. Should be something similar to /home/tcadmin/userfiles

As a game server is setup that software will create a sub directory called the <username> and put the files for that user in there.

Each user should have their own sub directory containing their files.

You can set the Userfiles path in System Settings>Servers. Click on a server and look for the "User Files Path" field.

if i wanted to set +set fs_homepath to /home/tcadmin/customers/username/GameServer/Servername how would i do that in the command line so it would change to what was needed for each server. is there a variable to do that because i manually ran this with that path set and it fixed my issues with cod on linux.

Thanks in advance

You can use the %userfilespath% variable in the commandline, in the game config.

So the command would be something like +set fs_homepath %userfilespath%

You can also add onto that if you need to go down further into the directories like:

+set fs_homepath %userfilespath%/<directoryname>

Archived