IIS Issue with TCAdmin

kalyse

I am having a prblem with IIS on my Master Server. I have this error regularly. About once an hour.

The page cannot be displayed

There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time.

Please try the following:

* Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

* Open the server.invision-gaming.co.uk home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected

Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Background:

This error can occur if the Web server is busy and cannot process your request due to heavy traffic.

* More information:

Microsoft Support

What do you think the issue could be? I am not sure because I have little experience with IIS. I have set the max connections to 40 in the script file aswell, but its still regularly causing outages which are very problematic.

============

Secondly Unrelated to TCAdmin, does anyone know why my GameServer for HL2DeathMatchis continously crashing? Its only when the game type is Death match that it happens. I get Memory problems and the game crashes.

=============

Thanks,

What operating system is that server running?

Win2k3?

Win2k

WinXP?

If you are running either Win2000 Pro or WinXP, both have a hard coded limit of 10 connections at once to IIS, and a timeout value of 900 seconds. These valuse cannot be changed in the above mentioned operating systems. You will need to get Windows 2000 or 2003 server software to allow more connections.

Okay well, It is WindowsXP, I thought the value could be changed from 10? Maybe I was wrong.

Can you explain the timeout value of 900 seconds. How does this work?

It looks like I should move the Master Server onto one of the Server2003 Boxes I have. How difficult is this to do and can I do it without any disruption?

When a user connects to IIS it holds that session open for 900 seconds. when the session expires, then it releases that connection slot so to speak. So if you have 10 people connect at the same time, then users will need to wait 15 minutes before someone else can access IIS running on WinXP.

WinXP is not designed as a server OS. So to correct your problem you will need Windows 2000 or 2003 Server which do not have this limitation for IIS.

Well, I will move off, can you explain the easiest way to change a remote server into a master, and my master into a remote?

Is it as simple as just running the Installer again and moving the files over?

I was all set to move mine, but LFA did it. I think I could have done it myself, but I guess he figured it was easier and faster for him to do it rather than to answer a flury of frantic support tickets :roll:

So your best bet is to submit a ticket asking him to do it for you as Hogie suggested :smile:

Archived