How to restart tcadmin monitor like updates does ?

ju_an

Hello,

I would like to know how to restart the monitor, like the updates does when they finish.

I have one game server whith pid=0. It can start with the control panel, i can see it, but monitor dont get it and can not stop or restart it.

It gets this pid after a crash of the server. Solved the problem, then it dont start correctly.

I think restarting the box will solve it, but perhaps restarting the monitor can solve it too.

Thanks,

Pid 0 is typically taken by the system idle process.....You should not be getting a gameserver to start on pid 0, or crash on pid 0 as system idle process should already own it......What gameserver? What else are you running on the box?

Hello,

The server is an rfactor one. Since 2006 running this game servers, I have notticed taht the only thing they can crahs them is a wrong track. Customers are able to upload mods and tracks. A wrong mod dont start, but a wrong track crash the game server.

In TCadmin V1, when this happen, the system try to restart them 3 or 5 (dont remember) times. Then, in the loop of restart-crash-restart-crash, the system stop the server and send email to the customer. This email can be edited, and I tell them that was probably a wrong track, to the customer check the track and then start again the server. If it happens again, the system like the first time stop it after the 3 or 5 times loop and send mail again.

Now in V2 its different. The customer install a wrong track, the server start, it crash, and in the control panel we can see "starting" or "error". No email sent (thats not a problem), and the customer send me an email.

Then I came to see what happen. First I disable the game server, I check if its not running , and start it through remote desktop. Find the wrong track who crash the gameserver. Repair it, start it through remote desktop, and when everything is ok I stop it, and enable the server in the panel.

That happenend today, and when I try to start it through the panel it starts. Sure it does. I can see the server online. The people are playing, but in the panel the PID=0 and it can not be stopped or restarted.

I have the root server to reboot at 5:00 , then tomorrow I will check it. I think tomorrow it will be in the control panel again after the reboot. Other thing I can do is uninstall, and install it again. This will solve the issue, thats why I was asking how to restart the tcadmin system (not the game servers).

Thats all .... this game server its very special. It can not be started in the interactive mode. Need administrator rights. But whith patience, you can have 30 or 40 rfactorservers running in a box.

Right now v2 only tries to restart a process 5 times if it crashes. The game monitor does not send emails if the game server does not have a query protocol. I will add this to the things of stuff to do.

Hello,

After the root server restart, now the game service is "disabled". Its look like yesterday the changes I made to this game server dont work at all. Today I enabled it, start it and now gets his pid number.

But yesterday I disble it, solved the problem through remote desktop, enabled it, start it and get the pid=0

Strange, but after the root server restart everything works fine again.

Thanks for the email option you?re going to add ;)