Install on Windows hosting?

I currently have a Windows based reseller plan. And I was wondering if it was possible for me to install the TCAdmin on that. Its because I don't like the sound of installing the panel on the same server as my gameservers, especially if it involves using MSSQL database as well.

Surely by using remote accept it will limit the load on my server with the gameservers on? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Alex

While it is possible, we cannot support it in case of problems.

One problem you will face initial I think is your hosting account most likely has .net 2.0 installed and not 1.1 which would be required by TCAdmin.

Then you may run into problems with firewalls and other software interfering with in and outbound connections for the software to work properly.

You are more than welcome to try it, but again we can't provide support if it's caused by something on the hosting side.

What proportion of your users use this method and/or host it with you as opposed to having it running the same server as their gameservers?

For systems that have less than 5 servers running under them, most poeple choose to use the Access database version and host the IIS themselves.

For systems with more than 5 servers, we suggest running MYSql, IIS on it's own box. Most users that do this use the box for other purposes, such as to host teamspeak, venrilo, or other websites etc...

The best scenario is to keep your games seperated on boxes that strictly run games without any other software running on them.

Archived