TCA hack attempt

Brandon

I feel inclined to inform TCA users of a recent hack attempt we experienced. According to other GSP's the same user was asking for test servers from them as well. So this looks to be TCA host targeting.

Hacker info:

Email: internetbsnet[at]gmail.com

IP's used:

I won't disclose specific information here but if you want to know more you can contact me through various instant messengers, email or ask TCA how to prevent this.

• 5 years later...

Honestly that your job to harden the TCA installations and of course the servers themselves so hackers cannot do anything to harm yourself and/or customers.

Assuming the infrastructure is well secured then the hackers shouldn't be able to do much (if any damages). If all else fails that why containment is a thing and regularly used to keep hackers from doing any more damages.

Honestly that your job to harden the TCA installations and of course the servers themselves so hackers cannot do anything to harm yourself and/or customers.

Assuming the infrastructure is well secured then the hackers shouldn't be able to do much (if any damages). If all else fails that why containment is a thing and regularly used to keep hackers from doing any more damages.

This thread is 6 years old...

Anyway, TCAdmin is a very closed piece of software software. You can't really make any steps to secure your TCAdmin installation besides what TCAdmin offers.

This thread is 6 years old...

Anyway, TCAdmin is a very closed piece of software software. You can't really make any steps to secure your TCAdmin installation besides what TCAdmin offers.

While true, usually though security problems are at least partly lies in the host/user of said software.

Though yes if the vendor (such as not limited to TcAdmin) does not patch what they are supposed to patch then that is indeed on them. WordPress is notorious for this (recently they even said that they will NOT patch a critical exploit).

But because this is the most used and most expensive software "flat rate" software for gaming control "on the shelve" I would expect them to be "up the par" with such.

Archived