WAN Ip not imported

crazykilla86

Hello all,

New to TCA, but very much not new to Gaming! Having a weird issue, just wondering if anyone else has run across it. I am using TCA to host multiple COD5 and COD 4 servers, as well as hosting for Big Brother bot, My COD 4 servers work great, they show up in the browser while in game, all is well with COD4, but COD5 is different, NONE of my COD 5 servers show up outside my LAN, they do show up in the internet list of COD 5 servers, but when i click server info, it shows my LAN address, and not the WAN address. Also, When i click import IP's in TCA server settings it only grabs the private address of my box, however my games all show they are advertising on my WAN IP.. Here is my setup:

My box is a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

AMD 8 Core CPU

32GB DDR3 RAM

2 x 500GB WD Black hard drives - Raid 1

Local IP:

172.XX.XXX.1 -ip

255.255.0.0 -sm

172.XX.1.1 -gw

The gateway is PFSENSE firewall, but has 1:1 pointing my WAN Traffic to the local IP of my box. I have verified that all the correct ports are open to my box. Remember COD4 works flawlessly without any additional tweaking, however my COD 5 servers dont show up in the master list.

Anyone got any ideas??? I'm stumped!

Thanks in advance!

Steve

SOLVED! What i ended up having to do was change the port on the COD5 servers, reboot them, they showed up in the list with the new ports.

Then i changed the port back to its original value and rebooted again, there it was, server info verified correct port.

Is this a known issue in TCA 2.0 for windows?

If you are behind a router or firewall game servers must always run on the private IP. You can't bind to the public IP because it is not configured in the server settings. What you need to do is go to the server's IPs in TCAdmin. Set the private IP's hostname to the public IP.

If you changed the ports in the game and it fixed the problem it's not tcadmin. It's the game. TCAdmin just starts the game server with the specified commandline.

Archived