'Could not create server plugin' error

Bravo17

We have TC Admin v 1, and up until a few days ago it has been working fine.

It suddenly started playing up Early Monday morning and was showing all gameservers status as unknown with a 'Could not connect to the Master Monitor' error at the top of the page. A system reboot cured the problem that day and as far as I know TCA behaved fine the rest of the day.

Same thing sometime early on Tuesday morning, but this time all 4 of our COD5 servers were also not responding and had gone offline with an 'authentication error'. After much stopping and restarting of the TCAdmin service things finally came back to life again, and they continued to be OK for the rest of the day.

Same thing Wednesday morning, at which point I applied the latest update hoping that might cure it, but now it's happened again today, Thursday.

Going to system settings/servers and trying to view the console output gives a 'could not create server plugin' error, as does Restart server and Restart monitor.

Also to note that we had problems with our Public COD4 server on Monday, which may have been the result of a buffer overflow attack. It seems to have been fine since though, after having put a measure in place to prevent the possible attack. Had TCA not played up before this was in place I would have suspected that the prevention had caused the TCA problem, but the nature of it and the fact that the TCA problem had occurred prior to it being put in place leads me to doubt that they are directly connected.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Update:

I have just restarted the TCA monitor after stopping it for the duration of typing the above post, and TCA came back to life. So it appears that it may just need some 'downtime' to clear whatever is causing the problem.

I should probably add that all of the servers (apart from the COD5 ones) seem to carry on functioning normally - it only seems to be the Web Admin that fails. And port 8888 still gives the 'Hello TC Admin user" message.

Edited by Bravo17