Allow users to swap Datacenters.

Chegy

This is a nice feature! The owner of the gsp can always chose to have it enabled or disabled, and if it will over fill the machine they could make it so it would not allow you to swap if the machine use x cpu and ram.. and again if you have a gsp that use deferent prices in datacenters, you could always disable it. i think it would be a nice feature

This is a very user friendly feature.

Some things need to be included to make sure it is not abused and works for both the client and host.

Different Pricing

It was mentioned to disable the feature but I'd be more in favor of a warning box with host editable text and a editable link/button to support site. Example : Warning: The location you have chosen has different pricing than your current service, we would be happy to move the service for you after difference has been paid, please contact support using the button below or cancel (button) and select another location.

Load Balancing

Must follow preset datacenter settings for: Until full then next/Lowest slot count/Lowest CPU. If DC is full then warning box as above.

Limit

Allow host/reseller to limit number of moves per x days/month/yr. Again warning box if exceeded.

Delay

Allow host to set delay rules for moving. Being able to set time that moves can occur that best suit each datacenter and also maybe possible CPU threshold. If CPU < X% = move; else wait till X time. System waits for info from destination before giving feedback (info box/email) to client.

I'm sure I've missed something that also needs to be checked before moving services and I restated some that were already made.

JM2c

Just like Icekohl said.

My idea is that it can be customizable, if someone needs it. So basically you can ENABLE or DISABLE it.

It will be just like the move option for the admin but only from server to server that admin approves. Its normal that you can't swap from linux to windows or vice versa, but still windows to windows or linux to linux, so the players can move it to the server with less services/slots from EU server to US or vice versa is a good idea.

I know this is possible to do if you use TCADMIN 1 with WHMCS then it can be done by the user choosing to upgrade / downgrade and through that having the option for a user to change location. If there is different pricing then this would work fine there.

Thats how i used to do it before i no longer used multiple locations. it should work the same for TCAdmin 2 but can't be sure as i am not on v2 yet.

TCAdmin should already load balance to a server in the datacenter group so that should not be an issue for anybody with more than 1 machine in each location.

• 6 years later...
I know this is possible to do if you use TCADMIN 1 with WHMCS then it can be done by the user choosing to upgrade / downgrade and through that having the option for a user to change location. If there is different pricing then this would work fine there.

Thats how i used to do it before i no longer used multiple locations. it should work the same for TCAdmin 2 but can't be sure as i am not on v2 yet.

I'm afraid TCAdmin 2 does not work in the same way..

As for load balancing, TCAdmin does this when creating new services. But not with active services. IMO you wouldn't want to load balance active services anyway, as the IP's would constantly change.

I'm afraid TCAdmin 2 does not work in the same way..

As for load balancing, TCAdmin does this when creating new services. But not with active services. IMO you wouldn't want to load balance active services anyway, as the IP's would constantly change.

This thread is near 7 years out-of-date hehe