remote servers

andy012

Hello,

how do you guys deal with remote gameservers? eg; i have my billing, tcadmin, database servers and gs1 in country or location a but then i add a game server to location b. will tcadmin merrily deploy to the remote server? how safe is the mysql connection? would there be a massively noticeable slow down in controlling a gs from tcadmin hosted in location b from location a?

basically am i better off setting up slave mysql servers and is it possible to have multiple tcadmin control panel nodes with a single sign in that connects the user to the most suitable tcadmin cp server?

i dont really want to mess around with 'sign in here if your server is on the east coast, here for west and here for europe'

When you add a new remote server you just need to add it to the billing api's selected servers and tcadmin will start creating game servers on it.

mysql encryption is not supported but it will be added soon. If the ping between your servers is high the access will be slower. You can improve speed with mysql replication. http://help.tcadmin.com/MySQL_Replication

You can enable the control panel website on remote servers and have your users connect it using their game server's IP. There is no single sign in.