Fast Download Question

Felipe T

Until now, I used to set files to sync as "*.bz2 -r;"

But with the new feature, I want to release all files like maps, models, sounds, etc to be synced, so users won't have to upload 2 times the same file (the original and the compressed)

But there's a problem here.. Will FastDownload sync the original game files? If it does, this will be a big problem to set every original map, sound, model, etc excluded from syncing.

Sync files: maps\* -r;models\* -r;materials\* -r;sound\* -r;

Exclude files: default games file

Compression, checked with bz2 option.

It will take original, compress and put it on the fastDL.

You will need to remove the .bz2 files on the actual game server manually.

Ok... Now, we have another problem. I've generated all files from maps, materials, models and sound (for TF2), but when I insert them, seems not to complete. I think there are too many archives (more then 1mb of txt file to insert there, pretty big don't you think?)

I was trying this, but like I said, there were too many files from Team Fortress 2 maps, materials, models and sounds.

I did this file using this batch, then I used excel to place ; at the end of each file

for /r C:\temp %%g in (*) do echo %%~nxg>>list.txt

It also made the Fast Download sync very slow... Sometimes it looks like crashed. Does it happens to you?

tf2_exclude.txt