Master on cPanel VPS

Matt

Hi,

I currently have a Webserver VPS with cPanel installed on it and a dedicated server with tcadmin master installed on it also with various remotes attached to it.

What I would like to do is install the tcadmin master on the cPanel webserver as it's a much more reliable setup, and then change the current dedicated server master to a remote.

Is it at all recommended to install tcadmin alongside a cPanel server? Will it cause conflicts?

If it is possible what would be the best way to do this with minimal downtime? I couldn't find anything in the knowledgebase about transferring master servers.

Thanks.

You can run tcadmin on the same server with cpanel. It will not cause ay conflicts.

What you need to do is:

• Backup your database, restore it on the new server.
  • Install tcadmin on the new server. Configure it to connect to your existing database.
  • Go to Server Management > Remote DB Connections. Enable and configure the connection used by remote servers. It must connect to the master's database. Don't use localhost as the server.
  • Add the new remote server.
  • Configure the old master as the remote. Download the remote's ConfigUtility.config. Save it to /home/tcadmin/Monitor and restart the monitor.
  • Update the database manually so all services have the new server's ID. The table you should update is tc_services the column is server_id. Change the value from 1 to the new remote's ID.