Multiple Problems

Destero

Hi,

I am new to windows server, i have been using linux for quite a while and have had minimal problems but now that i have decided to move to windows for the larger game list i have had nothing but trouble.

I removed all original windows configs from my control panel(master server runs linux) and from the tcafiles folder. The only files that have been left are my linux ones. That will probably come back to bite me but will that have caused any damage to me running windows games?

Firstly i am running windows server 2012 and have downloaded the game config files from the tcadmin v2 config post.

http://clientforums.tcadmin.com/showthread.php?t=6872

My problems

1. - When i go to create a server eg. brink; it goes through the motions of downloading the game from steam but when it is finished the game does not start up.

All that is displayed is Players: 0/0. I have checked the executable file in the service settings.

C:\TCAFiles\Users\test\11\brink.exe

It match's up with what is in that directory and if i execute brink.exe manually through remote desktop i get the console pop up.

I have tried this for many steam games and some non steam games and this is happening to 70% of the games i install.

2. -I can import a game config and when i go to create the server

"game & voice management > create service > create a game service > select server"

The game i have just imported does not show up in the list even if "show hidden" is enabled.

3. -I have not checked other steam games but i know this has just happened with Americas Army 3. I update the game via steam and it goes through its motions and says it has been completed but infact it is still running a older version.

If anyone is able to help me with any of these problem it will be greatly appreciated.

1- Try setting the compatibility mode to windows 7. It needs to be done with a script or use "Change settings for all users" in the exe properties. http://clientforums.tcadmin.com/showthread.php?t=10869

2- The files need to exist in C:\TCAFiles\Games\GameFolder. Then it will show up in the list.

3- TCAdmin just executes hldsupdatetool or steamcmd. It is up to those tools to update the game server. Try checking "Verify/Validate" in the game's steam settings. If that doesn't work you will probably get the same results if you run the update manually from remote desktop.

• 1 year later...

LFA is correct, Add this script to your TCAdmin Config for the installation, there are two to put in. Name them what you like, you will need this for each config that you find is not compatible with Windows Server 2012. I also use Windows Server 2012 and have ran into this, the script is a bat shell script and works like a charm.

Script to add: Use on after create service

reg.exe Add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "%ThisService_Executable%" /d "WIN7RTM"

Script to add: Use on after delete service:

reg.exe delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "%ThisService_Executable%" /f

This will automatically set the compatibility when the game is installed, and remove it when it is removed.

Edited by PCGamersportal