CSS Steam Pipe Config

adamnp

so what do i do with that file to get it working? my customers are hungering after being able to update there server again.

EDIT: how do i set it to overwrite the default css config?

Edited by kroko

no there is. the location of the srcds file first changes location. from hlds to steamcmd. so i would recommend just completely removing the origional file, steamcmd app id update. upload the do some small changes and all should be well.

Ball ache is that steamcmd are at the moment instructing you to use one account to get the dedicated server files and another to update the server.

spent best part of last week learning this. you would think the steam dev team are a bunch of kids.

Update your configs for new installs, update any configs that you use in editor for clients access, update the commandlines, finally go into each "old" server and update each individually by saving and it'll restart with the correct information, using the corrected config and commandline. You don't need to delete the gameservers and reinstall them.

Just a heads up, if you use this config, you need to edit the web console settings, if you allow users to have it.

In this config

css\cstrike\console.log

Should be

cstrike\console.log

Otherwise I have seen no problems with it.

Update your configs for new installs, update any configs that you use in editor for clients access, update the commandlines, finally go into each "old" server and update each individually by saving and it'll restart with the correct information, using the corrected config and commandline. You don't need to delete the gameservers and reinstall them.

i did all that, but when a customer click reinstall or updates hes server then it simply wont start. i have contacted the the support here via the ticket system but they cant really fix the problem either. the strange thing is, it work when i create a fresh new game server, but reinstall and update dont fox it :S i can see that it logs in like it should using anonymouly login (or i think its correct)

i did all that, but when a customer click reinstall or updates hes server then it simply wont start. i have contacted the the support here via the ticket system but they cant really fix the problem either. the strange thing is, it work when i create a fresh new game server, but reinstall and update dont fox it :S i can see that it logs in like it should using anonymouly login (or i think its correct)

If you are having issues with the automatic way, you can still do it manually easily.

I'm a manual guy, and I always like doing things manually to ensure its done properly whenever I can.

This is how I completed the task in such a fashion for all my servers in under 2 hours.

Step 1. BACKUPS! -- Back up TCA2 db. (I have daily backups of server files, but if you don't you should backup server files also for each server)

Step 2. Installed new servers for every gameserver I had utilizing new steampipe gametype, and using 1 port number higher on same ip.

Step 3. Copied *addons* / *cfg* / *maps* from old server, to new server directories.

Step 4. Deleted old servers from TCA2

Step 5. Changed IP's 1 port number down to reflect original port number.

Step 6. Update server modifications (Sourcemod, Metamod, Eventscripts, SPE, and all plugins)

The only thing that then needs to be set is the command line, and any specific TCA user permissions to the gameserver.

Edited by adamnp

Just a heads up, if you use this config, you need to edit the web console settings, if you allow users to have it.

In this config

css\cstrike\console.log

Should be

cstrike\console.log

Otherwise I have seen no problems with it.

Whoops - Sorry, good catch. I fixed that and re-uploaded.

-Adam