Removing 8880 port from TCAdmin URL?

jljr222

Hello,

I've read in the FAQs that I can use iptables to redirect port 80 to 8880 so that I no longer need to specify that port when accessing the control panel. The issue then becomes I'm unable to access the fast download server that uses port 80 for access. Is it possible for me to specify the TCAdmin panel to a specific IP and use the port redirect for only that specific IP address?

Thanks for any assistance!

tcadmin/Monitor/tcadmin-config

WEB_PORT="80" instead of 8880

And it will listen on the default web port.

And if you have fast download on the same machine, on the web server you use ( Apache, nginx, lighttpd..) change the listen port from the default 80, to something else.

tcadmin/Monitor/tcadmin-config

WEB_PORT="80" instead of 8880

And it will listen on the default web port.

And if you have fast download on the same machine, on the web server you use ( Apache, nginx, lighttpd..) change the listen port from the default 80, to something else.

That will only work if the WEB_USER in tcadmin-config is set to root. Normal users can't open ports lower than 1024.

In the server settings uncheck "bind to all IPs" to configure tcadmin to only use the primary IP.

If you use the iptables redirect you will have to see if there is a way to do it only for a specific IP.