Change Mysql Password

bob

Hi,

I just installed remote server (already have the master server installed and working correctly) but I forgot the mysql password for the database when i set it up for the master server so i changed the database password and setup the remote server, restarted the tcadmin at end of install and now i cant access both tcadmin login pages on master and remote server.

I assume this is because the master server is using the old mysql database password - how do I update the password for this and restart tcadmin?

Thanks

Edit the value of TCAdmin.ConfigUtility.Database.ConnectionString in the master's /home/tcadmin/Monitor/ConfigUtility.config

If it is encrypted replace it with this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16" standalone="yes"?>
<values>
 <add key="TCAdmin.ConfigUtility.Database.DBMS" value="MySql" type="System.String,mscorlib" />
 <add key="TCAdmin.ConfigUtility.Database.Provider" value="TCAdmin.DatabaseProviders.MySql.MySqlManager,TCAdmin.DatabaseProviders.MySql" type="System.String,mscorlib" />
 <add key="TCAdmin.ConfigUtility.Database.ConnectionString" value="Data Source=127.0.0.1;User Id=YOUR_DB_USER;Password=YOUR_DB_PASSWORD;Database=YOUR_DATABASE;" type="System.String,mscorlib" />
 <add key="TCAdmin.ConfigUtility.Database.ConnectionString.Encrypted" value="False" type="System.Boolean,mscorlib" />
</values>

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your reply's guys, I have been very busy recently and only just got round to sorting this out.

The above fix didn't work for me, so I had to delete /home/tcadmin/ and reinstall, but it didn't really matter anyway as I had no servers or anything on there.

Thanks,

Bob