Separated Masterserver

windrof123

I'm thinking of moving the master server to a VPS for redundancy, must I buy another license for "remote" or can I have the master on a VPS, just talking with the game machine with one license ? I need a professional answer, please someone!

Why would you need 2 master servers? I get the reason for a backup.. but just config tcadmin to make a nightly backup of your SQL.. if you ever have any issues you can get a VPS up and running with your master in a matter of minutes.

What I did with my server box (web hosting) was made a backup of the VPS it's self (running SolusVM). I do this daily and delete backups every 3rd day, so I keep 2 days of redundant VPS backups, and I still have tcadmin running the SQL backup to an off-server backup location.

Well, my gamepanel server gets ddosed here and there, and I would like to protect it by moving it to a DDoS protected VPS. That way I would have Master on the VPS, and the game server seperated from the master on the other server. Would I need to buy a remote license for that ?