Moving from Windows to Linux

Felipe T

Hello guys, next wednesday i'll move my servers from Windows to Linux.

I've got some questions about this, so if anyone could help me, I would be thankful.

1) Game config files: do I only have to change the "Operational System" from Windows to Linux, and fix the files paths to the new ones? Or I have to reinstall every gameserver using the linux gameserver configs?

2) Can I just move old files from MetaMod and SourceMod to the new server, than replace with the Linux versions? Or you think this may cause a lot of bugs?

3) Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!

What we did when we moved our servers, was creating a new server for each client. We then installed the specific game server using the Linux files and then we just uploaded the plugins, configs and what not. For Minecraft, this was pretty easy. Counter-Strike on the other hand was a bit more difficult. We first had to install SM and MM for Linux and then find all the files that our client had used (plugins, configs and extensions) and move them, too. It wasn't that difficult, but it took some time. Luckily, we had some customers that insisted on doing it themselves as they still had access to their old server. We gave them a couple of days to finish the moving :)

Thanks guys.

I'm planning to do exactly this, install a vanilla version of the game server for each costumer, install MetaMod and SourceMod for Linux, than move the configs, plugins and maps.

My biggest question is about TCAdmin GamServer Configs. Can I use the same template, just changing the OS from Windows to Linux and the Files Paths for executable? This would be very helpful, since I'd just have to reinstall my GameServers directly from TCAdmin.

Hey guys, everything is going almost fine here.. Except for the CS:GO, that I cannot run.

I always get this:

So I've tried to run using my root, and got this message:

./srcds_run srcds -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 0 +mapgroup mg_bomb +map de_dust

-bash: ./srcds_run: Permission denied

So I gave it chmod 700, and tried again. Now it runs under root user, I can see the server online, but when I try to run with TCAdmin, I still have the same problem with Pid (0)

Any help?

There's something weird here... All my costumer's directories are being created under root/root user and group. Should it really be like this?

I have changed the user/group for MatheusB (this is a CSGO server), and still not working.

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 28 05:45 LucasL

drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Nov 28 09:11 MarcelP

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 28 04:01 MarceloC

drwxr-xr-x 3 tcagame tcagame 4096 Nov 28 16:55 MatheusB