Vilayer Rolling Suggestion Thread

barrycarey

Hello,

I'm creating this thread as an ongoing list of feature suggestions. We have a large TCA deployment and frequently come by things that can make the user / admin experience better.

We are very open to hearing feedback on suggestions we make and encourage everyone to add their thoughts.

Features in red are what I personally feel would be the most useful additions.

Feature Requests

Additional Server Statuses - The biggest of which would be Installing / Reinstalling / Moving. This way if a server is still being installed the client sees Installing rather than Unknown. Perhaps the ability to set a custom status on all services on a certain server. (Status: Node Maintenance Underway)

Custom Script Buttons Tied To Mods - IMPLEMENTED - The ability to create custom script buttons on the service home page that are dependent on certain mods being installed. Example, if someone installs Mod A all script buttons tied to Mod A appear on the services home page. If Mod A is removed the buttons are removed.

Maintenance Mode For Individual Services - This would prevent clients from interacting with TCA while a member of support staff is working on the service. Giving the client a notification at the top of the page would be nice. This would be more much elegant than disabling their account while working on a service.

Custom Fields On Service Home Page - The ability to add additional fields in the area where the server name, IP and FastDL URL goes. http://i.imgur.com/Pj14uqK.jpg. Ideally we would be able to add the name to the left and then have a text box we can put anything in, including variables.

As an example, for Minecraft we use a combination of TCA and MCMA. Having this field would allow us to put a direct link to their MCMA panel on the home page of their service.

Script Buttons W/ Custom Actions - IMPLEMENTED - Buttons for service home page that extend options over just custom scripts. As an example, launch an HTML popup window (similar to Mod Install Success box). Also, the ability to launch URLs from a button would be nice.

Create FTP Link To FastDL Folder On Install - Customers frequently request FTP access to their FastDL folder for various reasons. It would be nice to have a flag to send to billing API on creation that also create an FTP link to their FastDL directory.

Save Mass Mail Email Templates - We frequently send out the same emails over and over. Example is node reboot emails letting people on a certain servers know it will be restarted shortly. I currently save these emails in a text file on my PC and paste into the Mass Mail tool when I need to send them. A central place to store these templates would be nice. Maybe include a check box when sending Mass Mail that says "Save As Template"

Global Notification System - The ability to have notifications appear at the top of each client's service page. Maybe be able to select the color of notification box (Red, Orange, Green). Make them appear based off conditions such as game and server.

Assignable Game Groups - The ability to create custom groups of games and assign them to servers and reseller packages. As an example, we have isolated parts of our network for specific games. This means for each server we have to explicitly disable games we do not want assigned. This becomes incredibly difficult to maintain when a new game is added to the system as we must then go through several hundred servers to enable it.

Ideally we would like to create groups of games. As an example, 'Game Group Alpha' which contains games a, b, c, d. You can then assign Game Group Alpha to servers that will use it. This way if we add a new game we can simply assign it to the group and all servers using this group will have the game enabled.

Service Limit Per Game - Having the ability to assign a service limit to a specific game would be wonderful. This would allow a much finder control over node loading compared to the current load balancing feature. As an example, a server can only have 3 services for game X but it can have 5 for game Y.

Mass Edit Service Limit - The ability to bulk update service limits. Currently it must be done one server at at time and is very time consuming. While it is possible to do it directly via a query it would be nice to have this feature built into the panel.

If anyone has any feedback or suggestions we're happy to hear them.

Edited by barrycarey

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Can I add the suggestion for Service Limit status/column for Datacenters/Server Groups.

I.E. Added to this list: http://puu.sh/fn69r/43753fc860.png

Gives you the ability to quickly check for a server that's got space on it when moving client servers. Anything like this, It could even end up being tied into Whmcs for displaying Out of Stock on locations with full services.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump the thread.

Assignable Game Groups

That would be a MASSIVE feature. Would make adding a new game to a large GSP, exponentially easier as you don't have to go through and add it on each individual server. Especially if you have machines dedicated to one type of game.

• 5 years later...
On 12/8/2013 at 6:58 PM, barrycarey said:

Maintenance Mode For Individual Services - This would prevent clients from interacting with TCA while a member of support staff is working on the service. Giving the client a notification at the top of the page would be nice. This would be more much elegant than disabling their account while working on a service.

Hey 🙂

I have made a module for this, hope you like it: