Master IP is not a trusted ip address

Devour9784

I recently moved our TCAdmin master to another dedicated server with more resources, however the slaves appear to have issues adapting to this new master.

The master install went fine, no errors, when I restart the master via the webpage (under servers-> restart monitor/serviceman service) the master restarts fine.

When I try to do the same restart via webpage for any of the slaves I get:

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

In the logfiles the error I receive is:

MASTERIP(removed) is not a trusted ip address.
System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused
 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke (System.String method_name, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
 at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReceiveResponse (System.Net.WebResponse response, System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientMessage message, System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapExtension[] extensions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke (System.String method_name, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol:Invoke (string,object[])
 at TCAdmin.SDK.Web.References.ServiceManager.ServiceManager.GetStatus (Int32 serviceId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) TCAdmin.SDK.Web.References.ServiceManager.ServiceManager:GetStatus (int)
 at TCAdmin.SDK.Objects.Service.get_Status () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I removed the master IP from the above error log, but the IP is correct for our master. It's saying that the master ip isn't "trusted" on the slaves.

I'm not sure what TCadmin is considering being "trusted" or how to change this.

I have a ticket in currently but with it being Christmas I'm not expecting a reply today.

Thank you.

Have you perhaps tried downloading a config file of a remote and then uploading it manually, then restarting the remote monitor?

Raizio, thanks for the reply.

I have tried manually implementing the configuration, the connection details are proper and access was given to the external ip. (this was tested from the remote connection, mysql port was open and accessible.)

But it still returned the "masterip is not trusted."