Used a couple of hours. What do you think?

Dennis

Hi,

Some days ago I decided to mess around with a custom template for TCAdmin. The template was created in less than 6 hours (started at midnight and went to bed at around 6AM), so it might not be as professional-looking as other templates and it doesn't contain as much custom content (custom images, fx), but I'm pretty happy with the result. What do you think?

Login Screen

9kYd5BS.png

Home Screen

eeaQHzw.png

ServiceHome Screen

K778nq1.png

I really like the rounded bars for the graphs, and what I like the most is the tabs that I managed to get out of it.

I'm not sure about the colors though - are they alright?

By the way - the template is not finished yet, and I don't know whether or not it will remain those colors. It all depends on how our new template for our website is gonna end up looking :)

Edited by DennisMidjord

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Themes are CSS only. If you start hacking away at the web code you will break it.

However with CSS and the ability to add your own custom icons I have seen many sites that look really nice.

Also... remember that you can use and edit the old theme that was V1 that was added to V2 by Luis. Seems some people don't like the overall layout of V2.

Also... remember that you can use and edit the old theme that was V1 that was added to V2 by Luis. Seems some people don't like the overall layout of V2.

It's not the overall layout of v2, it's the overall layout of TCAdmin. The software is really great, and I love how we're able to customize each game server to fit almost every need, but the design is just really not pleasing to the eye. The least ugly thing about TCAdmin's design is the icons, but they are also not that great.

One of the reasons I don't like the handlebars: The corners are low-res images.

http://i.imgur.com/nreLeMJ.png

The grids are grey and really boring

Tabs are also grey and boring, and again - low res images: http://i.imgur.com/ydYrzXJ.png

Theming TCAdmin is a really tedious job - A LOT of stuff contains of images (almost everything that has a color that can be changed actually), and you basically have to do background-image: none before being able to get rid of it.

I offered to do a redesign of TCAdmin for free here which I'm still willing to do, but only if there's the slightest chance that it's actually getting used. I'm not saying I need access to any of the code, I'm just saying that I'd offer to create a template in HTML, CSS and Javascript, showing what can be done to make the design look better and easier to navigate.

That is something to think about. Just remember that the original design was done almost 3 years ago. HTML, CSS etc... have changed dramatically since then.

I think Luis is focused more on features and fixes than the layout ATM.

Hopefully in the future it will get a facelift :)