TCAdmin & Mono eating up CPU - Ubuntu 12.04

Bo0m!

So I recently switched my master server on Windows Server 2008 over to a newer box using Ubuntu 12.04. The installation went quickly without any issues and the web interface works great for a short period of time.

However after using it for a little while, I notice that my CPU gets jacked up to 100% and there are hundreds of processes from mono, most of them running

/opt/mono-2.11.4/bin/mono /opt/mono-2.11.4/lib/mono/2.0/xsp2.exe --nonstop --verbose --port 8880 --root ../ControlPanel --pidfile /home/tcadmin/Monitor/TCAdminWeb.lock

This seems to be happening with only me and one other person utilizing the interface, I'm afraid how slow it's going to be if more people start to use it.

Has anyone else run into this issue or have any idea why mono would eat up so much CPU?

Thanks!

TCALinuxWebLocks.jpg.3f1e642b0ad375a1357348a03e0dd5ca.jpg

Mono is made for running .NET on non windows platforms and is needed for TCAdmin, so basically, yes; Mono runs exes in linux.

But really, if anyone has any thoughts on debugging this, it would be greatly appreciated. This is what it looks like when I create a new game server (and it takes forever).

tLIa5fX.png

Sometimes mono uses almost 100% CPU on all of our cores. The only way to stop this, is by restarting the monitor and the service manager, I think.

Unfortunately, restarting the monitor and manager solves this problem for about a minute. As soon as you actually start using the web panel after a restart the CPU will get jacked back up.

I think I may try older versions of mono, does anyone know if TCAdmin has a minimum required version of mono?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We were having similar problems on CentOS 6.5 64Bit but it only took 1 thread up to 100% instead of all 8.

I had to restart the service manager to get it back down.

Still have no idea what caused it, all I know is that it doesn't happen anymore since 2.0.85.0 of TCAdmin.