FastDownload Addon

Winter

Hey guys i have a question for you. Would it be possible to setup Fast download automatic sync for a specific user? That way some users do not have permission to it? I have not tested it but i think a resolution for this would to be create a new config file for that specific game and add the fast download details if that will work the same way? Just asking for a easier way or if that is the only one?

• 4 weeks later...

Settings > Game & Other Voice servers > Choose your game > feature permissions > chrcht the fast download sync box.

I am not quite sure how it works if you create a server for a user, but in my case all the servers are hosted on the same user (admin) and we work with subusers to give the permissions. If you add a server to a sub-user then you will get the permissions option, where you can check or uncheck the fast download sync.

My suggestion (my own solution to this same situation) was to make a copy of the original config and create a separate config for the user with fast downloads example: just export and than upload the config you want to edit for them and then change the copied config to allow Fast Downloads and change the name to add a prefix you will recognize as FD's. Use that one for them or, if the user is already setup you can go to Service Settings and change the config for that users service to the new copy with with Fast Downloads enabled and then update the services under the new config to set the permissions down to the users.

It's what I did for some of the sponsored servers I host.

Edited by PCGamersportal
OCD ;)

• 4 weeks later...
My suggestion (my own solution to this same situation) was to make a copy of the original config and create a separate config for the user with fast downloads example: just export and than upload the config you want to edit for them and then change the copied config to allow Fast Downloads and change the name to add a prefix you will recognize as FD's. Use that one for them or, if the user is already setup you can go to Service Settings and change the config for that users service to the new copy with with Fast Downloads enabled and then update the services under the new config to set the permissions down to the users.

It's what I did for some of the sponsored servers I host.

That would be the best way of doing it.

If you're also offering paid services as a host then you could also have your billing platform call the different game ID depending on if they purchase FastDL as an addon.