MySQL Databases for game servers

Eirik

Hello,

I have nothing but good experiences with this control panel, but the one thing I feel is missing is the ability for customers and users to create databases.

My idea is that an administrator can limit how many databases a user can create per game server (For each game, as some games might need more).

The user can then create a database from the panel. The username and password should be the same as the username and password for the panel (And hopefully can be changed when the user changes his/her password on the panel, which shouldn't be too hard). The database name should be customizable by admins, so that they can select a format of some kind. Variables I would like is IP:Port, username, full name or something like that.

Most people tend to use phpMyAdmin these days, so I guess a management side of the panel is not necessary, just the creation of the database, the option to delete and wipe it.

Hopefully this is something that can be integrated in the next versions!

All the best,

Eirik

It's not quite possible in the way OP mentions it. It's possible for you to create a mysql user with a database automatically when a server is installed, but you can't specify how many databases a user can how and such. It would be very helpful if we could control this from TCAdmin!

It is possible to create databases from custom scripts and through other ways, sure. I know about that, but the ability to control it through TCAdmin is what I want. Simpler creation and customisation, as well as more control over it.

Would you care to share it?

I tried once, but ended up creating a website for database creation instead. I didn't bother to spend that much time on it.

I still think a system like this is vital to TCAdmin anyway though. And probably isn't too hard to add either. Not basic functionality at least.

• 2 weeks later...