Slot price depending on datacenter

Dennis

Hi forum!

We've just bought a new server in Denmark, and servers in Denmark are really expensive. Because of that, we want our slot prices for servers in Denmark to be a little higher than the slot prices for servers in our other datacenters.

Is this possible at all? Or is there any other way to do this? It would be great to have!

Dennis

Hi Vuze, just a thought and brainstorming

In your billing system setup the datacentre in your config for that machine try adding a price to coincide with the datacentre, put a value in the monthly slot for price for example, where you setup your datacentres... 12 | Denmark and enter a price 2.00 etc., and it should add the dollar amount to the price when the datacentre is selected.

I have not tested, "maybe I'm talking out my arse" but I think it would work. Basically the result is when someone selects the Denmark server, the configuration option would add its additional charge for the more expensive server hosting, and provision it with the extra charge included.

I haven't tested but I am thinking I will since I will come across the same scenario. I will let you know if I figure it out.

Raizio got it right,

I have my datacenters setup this way. I created a datacenter configurable option and inserted that into my game servers as the option for locations. I am almost sure if you put the $ amount in it will gross up by datacenter the amount so you can recover the higher price of the Node.

I have not done the price bit on the datacenter myself, but since it works with most config options to add pricing I think it will work.

;)

That's what we're doing now, but that amount would be the same, whether you're ordering a server with 6 slots or 64 slots. We want the price per slot to be a little higher if the client selects the our datacenter in Denmark.

Your only solution is to create a new order form in WHMCS for the locations where you need to charge a higher monthly fee per slot.

WHMCS does not have the ability to alter the configurable options attached/displayed on the order form based on other selections (ie. If you choose Denmark for location the configurable options for Denmark are displayed).

The only other option will be to create your own order form using the WHMCS API where you can build in variables to allow for different pricing to be displayed based on choices the users makes - WHMCS API is kinda crappy though.

Good luck!

To be honest, I'm not much of a coder. I enjoy coding design in, but that's mostly HTML and CSS. Messing with API's and having to do jQuery is not my thing... yet :b

I did however create a feature request on WHMCS. I know that other game hosts would like this feature (I've spoken with a couple of Danish hosts).

If you'd like this feature too, you can upvote it here: https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/configurable-option-depends-on-another-configurable-option

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, haven't found a solution yet. If the TCAdmin module was capaple of checking multiple configurable options and/or custom fields, you could use some jQuery - but that wouldn't be the easiest solution, though.

Right now we just add 20DKK when our Danish datacenter is selected.

Archived