Can't download or deploy NS2 server

krazos

Hi!

I have one master server and one remote server. I try to deploy a NS2 server to the remote server, but that doesnt work because it says "server_linux32" not found.

I tried to download NS2 server through steamcmd to my own computer, and that works. I used the game download tool to my remote server, that worked and all files are in "/home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/ns2-linux" on the remote server where it should.

But when I try to deploy a server and I choose the remote, it says what I wrote above.

And I cant download NS2 to the master either, it says "no subscription".. but it worked on the remote, thats the weird part. And the files in "/home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/ns2-linux" on the master is empty.

I have no idea how to solve this, please help.

Thanks in advance!

I found a temporary solution. I chose "Share files with other servers" on the Remote server in "Game & Voice Settings" and now I could deploy a NS2 server on the Remote server. But I still think the problems with not being able to download files through Master is weird.

I have another problem though. NS2 has a built-in webinterface for administrating the server. http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Dedicated_Server#Web_Administration

I made a custom commandline menu where the user could put in username and password for this. The commandline has all required arguments with it, and Ive made custom variables.

However, If I run it manually it runs, when I run it through tcadmin interface I cant access the webinterface.

-name $[HostName] -map ![Map] -ip $[service.IpAddress] -port $[service.GamePort] -limit $[service.Slots] -webdomain "$[service.IpAddress" -webadmin -webport $[service.CustomPort1] -webuser ![webUser] -webpassword ![webPassword] 

And this works great in the terminal.

Example:

./server_linux32 -name NS2 Server -map ns2_mineshaft -ip x.x.x.x -port 27015 -limit 16 -webdomain "x.x.x.x" -webadmin -webport 20020 -webuser test -webpassword test 

What do TCAdmin do that blocks the webinterface?

I don't have a firewall. I asked here on the forums before about firewalls or security overall, but no one seems to have a firewall on their tcadmin machine (I have however blocked sensitive ports under 1024, like SSH, in our external firewall)

And since I can reach it if I run it manually, then no I don't think it's used for anything else, and nothing is blocking it.