ARK Config

bad_eye

Hello guys/girls,

Just wondering if a config is floating about for this game? Our community is interested in hosting this game but sadly ive given it a go at creating a config but it appears that the game isnt launching properly. But anyhow a config would be great

thanks

PGW

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've created a working config for this. I was contacted by three guys yesterday, asking about a config for this. One guy said he wanted to pay me, so I bought the game. When I told him I had the config, he stopped answering...

I don't know if this is a bug with the game or what it is, but sometimes the server has 84 players, even though MaxPlayers is set to 70 - thus the server is shut down. I had to disable slot detection in the query settings to make it work.

Great game though, just sad that it hasn't been optimized properly yet :D

@Dennis

When users try and join a full server it counts as a user according to the query list.

This has occurred with other games in the past.

The easiest way to it, is just to disable slot checking.

@nmo0ory If are you are going to run it just be aware it does use a lot of CPU and RAM. Usually a CPU core and 5GB

Bah, yet another early access game.

I've had a few inquiries about this game myself.

Could someone let me know if they ever fix the slot count thing, then I could put a config in production use.

Thanks!

I'd suggest changing the game and query ports away from the default 27015/6 or else you might run into some issues with source based games etc.

You can also add

[sessionSettings]

SessionName=$[HostName]

To the end of ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\GameUserSettings.ini if you don't want to put it in the cmdline

Other than that looks like a nice config.

Anyone worked out PVE yet? :)

i did find the following on steam

Here are some command lines for your servers:

ShooterGameServer.exe?TheIsland?COMMAND1?COMMAND2?etc

Commands:

ServerPVE: this enables PVE mode. players can not hurt other players, or their structures, or their tamed dinos.

ServerHardcore: this enables ahrdcore mode. when you die, your character is gone.

ServerCrosshair: this enables use of the crosshair

ServerForceNoHUD: this force disables the floating character name popups

AltSaveDirectoryName: this is if you wanna save the data to an alternate directory to run multiple concurrent servers or whatnot

GlobalVoiceChat: this will make voice chat not proximity based

ProximityChat: This will make text chat proximity based

NoTributeDownloads: This will disable downloading external items/characters/dinos into this ARK

AllowThirdPersonPlayer: this enables players to play in 3rd person foot mode (work in progress)

AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft: this will notify playres when someone leaves

DontAlwaysNotifyPlayerJoined: this will prevent notification of players when someone joins

We will expose these all to INI in the next day or so, and create a GUI launcher shortly thereafter! Lots more coming as well for one of the devs

and

Also you can change your admin password and message of the day in this INI file:

ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

[sessionSettings]

SessionName=ARK #563569

[/script/engine.gamesession]

MaxPlayers=70

[AdminPassword]

Password=

ServerPassword=

ServerPassword: this is the p/w required to connect, if any

Password: this is a password to access cheat commands, used by typing "enablecheats Password" into the console. and after that, cheat!

also to help for admin commands

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/615085406677145065/#p25

Edited by CprlRst

@CprlRst

is your config full and working fine ?

and dose i need the game for that ?

yes the config is work perfectly fine on my win 2008 server and you need the gamefiles to run the game but a copy of the game will be requred to update it

@Dennis

When users try and join a full server it counts as a user according to the query list.

This has occurred with other games in the past.

The easiest way to it, is just to disable slot checking.

@nmo0ory If are you are going to run it just be aware it does use a lot of CPU and RAM. Usually a CPU core and 5GB

5GB, damn. New record for casual gameserver hosting. Even Minecraft would require a fair amount of players before reaching 5gb.

i have a basic config here Attached not that a config file is really needed if you follow the config creation screen its pretty self explanatory.

@CprlRst

You have to change your config !

it has your Steam info !

hello when I try to add the xml you my tcamdin v2 gives this error

The opening tag 'yourpasshere' on line 136 does not match the end tag of 'steam_password'. Line 136, position 37.

The use of <> in the line is a illegal syntax.

Edit the xml-file in notepad++ (or whatever text editor u are using) and replace the variable in line 136 so it just shows as:

<steam_password>blabla</steam_password>

Then simply set your correct steam login after import.

Now if you add the xml my tcadmin now and created a new server with the port 7777 appears on the list started but unofficial game servers do not see my server and I think that's the command line ??? ?

TheIsland?SessionName=$[HostName]?QueryPort=$[service.GamePort]?ServerPassword=$[PrivatePassword]?ServerAdminPassword=$[RConPassword]?listen"</cmdline_default>

hello my server now works, but I have another problem I find the server in the server list steam without problem

http://subefotos.com/ver/?a951f71998664f0a08a27f15dfe08a27o.png

but in the list of servers in the game I can not find it anywhere and searched

private servers

unofficial servers

and I do not see why this should be?

http://subefotos.com/ver/?43de157cd33a4ad230d0fe7ced919508o.png

then the dedicated server but has 3 ip ip tcadmin grabs the main server to create the port 7777 and started to install the port 27015 and block my ip

You can not create more than one server evolved?

hey,

wow thanks for the replys and configs guys...tcadmin forums are a fountain of knowledge and good people. i will give this a try as ive been running the server from a shortcut as my config seemed to not start.

thanks agen

PGW