• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@csellebrecht

Server listing only shows 100 servers.

You'll need to get your clients to search for the list via 'STEAM servers' or using the website: http://arkservers.net/

Also a good trick as their isn't gametracker at the moment, is to setup a 'custom link'

Note this will probably only work if you have 'multihome' (IP binding) set in your commandline

Config: http://arkservers.net/server/$[service.IpAddress]:$[service.GamePort]

How you guys setting the hostname? I can set it on install but that looks to be it, besides overriding the command line?

Port is defaulting to 7777 via that config? Also, the IP address doesn't take?

Edited by dagg929

Hi I have a problem with creating multiple servers evolved when I created the first server is created with the primary IP and port 27015, but after the server is actually the main ip and port puts the 7777.

I think after a second server with another IP and does not work, it does not work with the principal and putting ip port 7778 for example.

as you can create multiple servers evolved? You can only use the primary IP?

Hi there,

the commandline parameter "Query Port" is really the game port that you connect to, and the parameter "Port" is the query port. If you dont use the parameter "Port" in the command line, your server will default to 7777, and with multiple servers on the same IPv4, they will all connect you to the first one on that IP.

Use this in the command line:

?Port=$[service.QueryPort]?QueryPort=$[service.GamePort]

Set Game port in the games IP/Port config to 27015 and query port to 27016, and you`re good to go.

I have tested this on our testbench, and I dont see any need for MultiHome parameter, unless you have several IPv4's on the same machine.

Hi there,

the commandline parameter "Query Port" is really the game port that you connect to, and the parameter "Port" is the query port. If you dont use the parameter "Port" in the command line, your server will default to 7777, and with multiple servers on the same IPv4, they will all connect you to the first one on that IP.

Use this in the command line:

Set Game port in the games IP/Port config to 27015 and query port to 27016, and you`re good to go.

I have tested this on our testbench, and I dont see any need for MultiHome parameter, unless you have several IPv4's on the same machine.

You're saying Port and Queryport are actually swapped?

In the case of using this in you command line:

with the result of the command line being this:

?Port=27016?QueryPort=27015

... you will actually be connecting to the server with port 27015, not 27016.

If you add the server to HLSW (using the port 27015), you will see that it lists as this:

123.123.123.123:27016:27015

(where the query port is first, and the game port is second).

If you leave out the "?Port=" variable in your command line, you will see it as this:

123.123.123.123:7777:27015

so my answer is yes. Seems like the "QueryPort" is the actual game port that you connect to.

What? Why would you use the query port for the port and vice versa? That makes no sense. I've been using it the 'normal' way around since the hour the game was released. No problems.

What? Why would you use the query port for the port and vice versa? That makes no sense. I've been using it the 'normal' way around since the hour the game was released. No problems.

Dennis its what the xml is default set to

Also im not able to see my server in the browser. I'm also getting Status: Running (pid 0)

Edited by Syndrogo

Makes no sense to have it reversed, but whatever floats your boat :)

One port is as good as the other, but having the query port show up as the game server port is just misleading... Or am I misunderstanding something?

My setup is another than this XML, I guess. Works fine with having

*snip*?Port=$[service.GamePort]?QueryPort=$[service.QueryPort]?SessionName=$[HostName]?MaxPlayers=$[service.Slots]*snip*

in the command line for me.

I understand. My current setup is not based on this XML either, but the port-part is as I pasted above.

With the snip you pasted, what port do you use when you are polling the server from HLSW or steam server list "favorites" ? The Port= or QueryPort= ? Im guessing it is the QueryPort, that actually is your QueryPort... Or else something is really fishy here ...

Reason being is that I use the same query port as game port. In case they ever fix it (so it works logically), I don't need to change anything in my command line. Server will still work. However, if you have the ports reversed and they change it so it works correctly, you'll suddenly need to connect on 27015 instead of 27016. It's an easy fix, unless it takes months - by then, nobody will remember this.

I know for a fact that it worked the first day.