Mumble ping and packetloss

Todesengel

Hey Guys,

I am hosting mumble servers using tcadmin and AWS ec2. Everything is working great, except the ping does not show up, and the server shows 100% packet loss... I opened up the ICMP port in AWS, and also the windows firewall. But I still can't get it to work.

I did some research, and I should be binding the host= to the server's dedicated IP address. However, with AWS you are assigned an internal IP address - and a elastic public IP address that points to the AWS instance.

I can bind on the servers internal IP address, and everything works. But when I try to bind to the public elastic IP address the server won't connect.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!!

Hey everybody,

Because I hate forums with questions and no solutions... I have found the solution!

In my particular case, I was only opening the TCP port for each one of my Mumble instances. Once I allowed the UDP connections, everything came through just fine.

Now keep in mind, this is for EACH INSTANCE. Not my master server.

Archived